Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Day

Today was that perfect fall day.
The leaves are changing, the air was crisp and sky that clear warm blue.

Liam was thrilled to spend some time outside looking at the garden. Lettuces, kale, spinach and chard are all sprouting up and growing well. Liam decided to try some of the baby greens. It's so much easier to get the 'goodstuff' in him when he can pick it ithimself right from the garden.
I'm frequently encouraging parents to try their hand at gardening with those picky eaters. We have a tiny place and have to plant in pots. But it works!


While I made dinner, Liam painted and painted and painted some more! After over an hour and 10+ pictures later, he was covered from hair to knees in paint! So much for that smock I bought. ;)

We wrapped up the day with some snuggles and stories. Liam tried to say a few of the words in his Dr Seuss book. My heart always fills with hope hearing him try so hard. I've said it before and I'll say it again...our kids affected by autism have more perseverance than anyone I know.
I'm so proud of my little guy. He is incredible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment